Between our free shipping and double manufacturer's warranty, purchasing from ProSound, Inc. - the pro audio industry experts - is clearly your best value! Free shipping in the lower 48 states, for shipping elsewhere please contact us. Double manufacturer's warranty on products purchased from ProSound, Inc. up to five years max. Click here for more information!
QSC GX3 Amplifier
The QSC GX3 amplifier for speakers in the 300 watt range are an affordable and portable option delivering professional audio quality. Purchase GX Series amplifiers online now and get free shipping and double manufacturer's warranty!*
GX Series amplifiers are the cat’s meow for performers and musicians who need top performance and portability at a great value. Everything QSC stands for – the best in audio quality, careful engineering, top-grade build quality and extreme longevity – are all ihere in the GZ series. Add fresh styling, a plethora of I/O options, low weight, and highly effective protection circuitry, and the GX Series clearly is the real deal for most every power amp user
GX amplifiers have the needed power for the most popular speakers used by sound professionals. Typically, loudspeaker makers recommend amplifiers with power output equal to the speaker’s Program (Music) Power rating or two times (2 x) the Continuous (RMS) Power rating.
The GX3 is perfect for most speakers in the 300 watt (Program) range.
The GX3 uses the latest evolution of the QSC Grounded Collector output system, for optimum cooling of the critical power transistors. A true Class B biasing system combines maximum thermal efficiency with excellent audio performance.
GX Series amplifiers use premium toroidal power transformers for reliable “mid-weight” performance. A variable-speed fan moves air crosswise through the amplifier, drawing cool air in over the power transformer, through the fan, and then over the heat sink. This keeps the transformer cool and allows a full size heat sink to fit in a down-sized chassis. As always, GX Series amplifiers are fully protected from the usual hazards of the trade, ensuring stable performance and long life.
GuardRailtm GuardRail protection delivers full peak power while preventing detrimental overloads. During excessive clipping, or extreme overheating, GuardRail reduces gain just enough to preserve the integrity of the music, protect the speakers and keep the audience excited, without unprofessional distortion levels or shutdowns.
Subwoofer/Satellite Crossover A subwoofer reduces strain on the full-range speaker, allowing it to play louder, or letting a smaller speaker do the same job. The GX Series supports this mode with a Crossover switch that splits the full-range input entering Ch 1, sending 20 Hz -100 Hz to the sub (Ch 1) and 100 Hz – 20 kHz to the top box (Ch 2). The front panel gain controls balance the sub and top box, while GuardRail optimizes peak power into the sub and top individually, for greater musical impact and dynamic range. GuardRail optimizes peak power into the sub and top individually, for greater musical impact and dynamic range.
- Power levels matched to the most popular speakers used by entertainers
- Optimized for maximum real-world headroom into 4 ohm and 8 ohm speaker systems
- Inputs: XLR, 1/4″ TRS and phono input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Outputs: Speakon® combo accepts, 1/4″ (TS) plugs or Speakon 2-pole and 4-pole plugs (connects 2 poles only). Binding posts support all other speaker wiring systems
- Minimum depth chassis (10.1″/257 mm) fits in compact, inexpensive effects racks
- Lightweight – less than 26 lbs (12.5 kg).
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- GuardRail™ automatically protects the amplifier and loudspeakers from damage due to temperature rise or overdrive without shutting down the show
- Front panel LEDs monitor Power, Signal and Clipping
- Subwoofer/Satellite crossover built-in